I recently discovered this recipe courtesy of Chatelaine magazine, and I immediately fell in love. It’s super easy and quick to make, but it is mouth wateringly yummy and can be served before any meal. Although, I would recommend it prior to an Italian or Indian main course.
Photo courtesy of Chatelaine
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Makes 6 Servings
Bottom of Form
- 300 g pkg brie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Using a serrated knife, thinly slice off top rind of the brie and discard. Place in a brie baker or a pie plate. Bake in bottom third of oven until soft, about 10 min.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high. Add oil, then garlic, tomatoes and vinegar. Cook until mixture is reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 5 min.
- Spoon sauce over brie, then sprinkle with basil. Serve with crackers.
Tip: White balsamic vinegar is mild in flavour. Substitute regular balsamic if preferred.
Nutrients per Serving
- 189 calories
- 9 g protein
- 4 g carbohydrates
- 15 g fat
- 1 g fiber
- 289 mg sodium
Recommended wine for this appetizer: Pinot Gris